Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas

This Christmas, the one lesson that I was constantly reminded of, be it through devotionals or church sermons was that a) Jesus was born and lived for 30 years as a HUMAN. That's about twice my age, and this is especially poignant to me because I constantly feel that no one (including Jesus) can ever understand what I'm going through. Well for starters, he certainly wasn't a girl. But there's one thing that I always forget, first being he created all humans including girls so how would he not understand us? The next thing being having lived for 3 decades means that he would have experienced so much, and we can see from the Bible that it was true. He experienced extreme temptation, great influence, betrayal, all things that we face or will face in our daily lives. He's been through all of that and has come out blameless, making him our perfect role model. The next thing that I was reminded of so many times this Christmas, was that He is the greatest and most important present we will ever receive. He came to shoulder all our sins and to redeem us, to give us salvation and eternal life with the Father. His amazing love for us is the warmest and most fulfilling gift you and I will ever receive. Blessed Christmas everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment