Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 1, 2015

In Love with God



I start humming along to love songs that I didn’t like before
All of the melodramas in the world seem like my story
I try to look good when I didn’t before by paying attention to my appearance
I’m acquiring the bitter taste of coffee
Time goes so fast and my heart grows impatient
I imagine you next to me and film a movie of my own
When a man’s in love, he wants to stay by your side
There’s always so much he wants to do for you
When I’m in love, I want to give everything in my life to you
With just one expectation, your heart
When I’m in love
When a man’s in love, when a man’s in love 
(Man In Love, Infinite) 
I'm a really big kpop fan (hence the song choice) but that's not the main point of this blogpost today. Just by going on to Youtube you can see that there are so many songs/stories/movies/dramas centred on romance, love, and there are several other songs that define love so much better than the song listed above. 

Love is an integral part of our lives, be it in a romantic sense or in a familial/friendly sense, and when we love someone we long to see that person, we want to "give everything" in our lives to that person, we are happy whenever we think about that person, our lives seem brighter because of that person. I've felt that euphoria several times, especially when I'm crushing on a person. Somehow normal everyday interactions with that person make me squeal with joy, and even when I'm doing something that I hate (jogging) I just need to think of that person for a smile to appear on my face and my tiredness to fade away. In fact, it just happened again today, which was what prompted me to write this blog post. Why am I so happy thinking about that person a) who might not even like me back b) who is a human who hasn't done anything particularly special for me? More importantly, why do I not feel this euphoria when I think of our Heavenly Father? 

If you want to talk about who loves us the most, God would surely take that category, because His love for us is indescribable and beyond belief, He loves us to the point where He is willing to sacrifice His precious Son for our sakes, even though we are horrible sinners, which shows us how important each and every one of us is to Him. What greater love could there be? (John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.") 

Not only that, if you want to talk about who will love us for eternity, God would win that as well. On this earth, there are so many cases of divorce in the newspaper, so many instances where breakups occur. But with God, we never have to worry that He's going to leave us, or that He'll lose interest in us, because His love is everlasting and unfailing. (Jeremiah 31:3 "The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." 

There are times when our loved ones don't have time for us or aren't with us when we need them, but God is always by our side. (Deuteronomy 31:8 "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.") He is our refuge in a time of need, He is our comfort in a time of grief, He'll never give up on us, and is always there to pick us up whenever we fall. 

Finally, there are always times that we want to depend on our loved ones, where we would like them to guide us and help us. God is perfect for that as well, because He created us and knew us even when we were in our mother's womb. He also has a plan for us, and we can rest assured that the plans He has for us would be good. (Jeremiah 29:11 " 'For I know that plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' ") 

Our Heavenly Father gives us the best love we could ever ask for, so shouldn't we reciprocate His love by spending more time with Him, reading His word and talking to Him? 









No comments:

Post a Comment